Edit or void a bill
If you enter a vendor bill with incorrect details or in error, you can void or delete it. Voiding an invoice removes its values but it remains in your accounts so the invoice numbers are sequential and you can view it if required.
How you edit or void the invoice depends on whether it has been paid by a payment or a credit note. To void or edit saved invoices, you need full access to the Expenses option. If you have restricted access, you can only edit or delete draft invoices.
Editing or voiding an invoice paid with a credit note
When you allocate a credit note to an invoice, or create a credit note from within an invoice, a vendor allocation transaction is created. Before you can edit or void an invoice that’s been paid using a credit note, you must remove this allocation.
- Click Contacts.
- Click the required contact.
- Click the Activity tab.
- Click the relevant vendor allocation transaction.
Note: The date of the transaction is the date you allocated the invoice and credit note.
- Clear the check boxes for the invoice and the credit note you want to unallocate.
Note: If you allocated multiple transactions at the same time, and you only want to unallocate one invoice and credit note, the remaining transactions are unaffected. If the credit note covered multiple invoices, click the credit note, change the amount to pay, and Save. For example, if the invoice was for $50 and the credit note was $100, the amount to pay should be -$50.
- Click Save. You have unallocated the vendor bill and credit note, which are now outstanding.
Deleting a bill
- Go to Expenses, and then Vendor Bills.
- Locate the bill on the list. To:
- Delete it. Click the check box and then click Delete (on the toolbar above the list).
- Review it first. Click to open it and then click Delete from the section on the right.
- Click Yes to confirm the deletion.