Sage is pleased to announce these new features and updates.
Add attachments to your sales transactions
Now it's easy to attach supporting information such as sales brochures, product images, price lists etc. to your sales invoices, credit notes, quotes and estimates.
- Add multiple attachments.
- Make attachments visible to your customers or for internal use only.
- Supports the following file types: PDF, GIF, JPG, JPEG, PNG.
- File size up to 2.5MB.
For more information, see
You can now use Correct Transactions to find and change one or multiple transactions at once. For example, if you had a batch of transactions that were accidentally posted to the wrong ledger account. You can use Correct Transactions to locate the list of effected transactions and then change them as needed.
With the addition of this feature, the Journals menu is renamed Adjustments. Go to Adjustments, Corrections to access it. You can still access journals on this menu.
See Using Correct Transactions for more information.
Importing a chart of accounts file
If you have a new business with no transactions, you can import a chart of accounts. This eliminates the need to manually set up a chart of accounts, saving you time. Your chart of accounts file must be in comma separated value (*.csv) format and must use a specific column setup. You can download a sample *.csv file to compare to your file or use it as a template to create a new file.
See Importing a chart of accounts file to download the sample file and for more information.
You can also export the existing chart of accounts to a comma separated value file (*.csv). For example, if you want a copy of the standard chart of accounts included with Accounting before importing your own.
We’ve made these great improvements to the Trial Balance report:
- As of option. You can now run the report “as of” a specific date to get a snapshot of what your ledger account balances were on that date. The report will show data from the start of each account up to the selected date.
- Zero balance accounts option. The new Hide accounts with zero balances option allows you to hide (or show) zero balance ledger accounts on the report.
Unused ledger accounts are never included on the Trial Balance report.
- Retained Earnings breakdown. If you select Summarize retained earnings values, a Retained Earnings line is included on the report. You can now expand the row to see a breakdown of how the summarized amount was calculated. The report splits out the system calculated Profit and Loss values and manual postings to the Retained Earnings account.
For more information, see About the Trial Balance report.
- An issue where some reports got stuck during the calculation process has been fixed.
The Trial Balance report now updates as expected after creating credit notes.
The image validation process has been improved when you upload your business or association logos.
You can now transfer funds between two Cash bank accounts.
The report headings on the Trail Balance report are now included on all pages when you print to PDF.
- The report headings on the Aged Debtors
and Aged Creditorsreport sare now included on all pages when you print to PDF.
- Accounting now gives you the option to create invoices for any missed recurrences after you resolve an “Action Required” recurring invoice.
- Names and references are now included on all pages of customer and vendor statement PDFs.
- If you need to reset your data, any recurring invoices you have are automatically paused.
- Invoices with a balance of zero no longer display as overdue.
You can now view (but not edit) completed recurring sales invoices.
Accounting now prevents you from voiding reconciled checks.
Recurring sales invoices
Do you regularly enter the same invoices? For example, customers to whom you regularly sell the same products or services your business regularly sells. End the drudgery of manual entry, save time, and reduce errors by setting up recurring invoices.
You can set a new invoice as recurring or update an existing invoice to reoccur. Create (or edit) a sales invoice as you normally would and then mark it as recurring to choose the repetition frequency. You can then pause the recurrence as needed or copy the recurring invoice to use it as a template when creating another recurring invoice.
See About recurring sales invoices for more information.
Eliminate the need to manually input your data. AutoEntry is a cloud-based application where you capture your invoices, expenses, receipts, and statements and then upload them to Accounting.
See Set up AutoEntry to get started.
Paid tax returns no longer display as part paid.